All Hallows Read

Thursday, October 01, 2015

This October, I'm going to be joining in the All Hallows Read, hosted by booksbeyondimagining on tumblr. The point of this is to read "whatever you want as long as it is scary". She is also going to be holding several challenges, including 31-minute reading sprints every Saturday. If you're interesting in, check out the hashtags #allhallowsread and #allhallowsreadingsprint on tumblr. 

My TBR list for this AHR and the month of October includes eight spooky reads that have been sitting on my bookshelf for the past little while until it became the right season. It just doesn't feel right reading scary books until the autumn. I'm also the sort of person who reads and watches scary things only during the day, because I get spooked really easily. That being said, I'm not sure if I'll be able to get through all eight books before Halloween, but I'm sure going to give it a go! 

Dead Scared by S.J. Bolton - Goodreads, Indigo
In the Woods by Tanya French - Goodreads, Indigo
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman - Goodreads, Indigo
Nightmares! by Jason Segel and Kirsten Miller - Goodreads, Indigo
The Dead of Winter by Chris Priestley - Goodreads, Indigo
The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson - Goodreads, Indigo
Long Lankin by Lindsey Barraclough - Goodreads, Indigo
In the Blood by Lisa Unger - Goodreads, Indigo

All of these books were purchased online through Indigo.ca or in store at Chapters-Indigo. They are my favourite place to buy books because you get plum points with your purchases, there are almost always discounts online, and shipping is super fast. The last time I purchased from them online, the order had shipped two hours later and it was the middle of the night! Super great service and I highly recommend them. 

I've added all these books to my All Hallows Read 2015 bookshelf on Goodreads. If you're on Goodreads, feel free to add me. If you've read any of these books or have any other spooky novel suggestions, comment below! I'd love to hear what you think. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top