Etsy Review - Citrine Crystal Necklace

Tuesday, September 01, 2015

o

A couple of weeks ago I had been on the lookout for something both yellow and subtle that I could wear, and so I ended up on Etsy. While I assume pretty much everyone is familiar with this website, every so often someone surprises me by saying they have no idea what I'm talking about. If you're one of those people, it's an online marketplace where independent crafters sell their goods. It's a great way to support small businesses and independent contractors. I highly recommend taking a few minutes and checking it out. 

Anyway, while perusing the selection, I stumbled upon the store Yellow House Handmade. Owned by Erin Berkowitz and located in California, she has a range called "Crystal Cards" which are necklaces/bracelets (depending on how you choose to wear them) with a single, rough cut crystal hanging on it. Each crystal is supposed to promote positivity energy. Obviously, take that as you will. I prefer to believe these things; if good vibes do come my way and if it's just the placebo effect at work, that's okay with me. It's the end result that matters to me.

After placing the order, it shipped relatively quickly and had a tracking number. Unfortunately, through no fault of the shipper, the package got stuck at customs (since I'm in Canada and this shipped from Los Angeles). It finally arrived, in a small but sturdy package and once I opened it up, this is what I found inside: 


The packaging was simple and elegant, which I really like. On the website, the sellers mentioned that citrine comes in a variety of shades of yellow. Mine is a pale yellow that reminds me of the first touch of sunlight in the morning, especially on those misty days. The cord is a pale pink and much to my surprise, there is an actual gold-tone ring and clasp to fasten it. For some reason I assumed that I'd have to tie it on in a knot but I'm very happy that's not the case!

I'd definitely recommend ordering from Yellow House Handmade. Next on my list is the carnelian crystal necklace

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top