Comfort Knitting

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Sometimes I just want to knit. I don't want to have to worry about following a pattern, or getting the gauge correct, or whether the finished product will be too long or too short. I just want to throw on a movie or an audiobook, grab some needles and yarn, and go to town. I call this "comfort knitting" and I wish I had more time to engage in it.

I don't travel much with my knitting, even though I have lots of travel time that could be put to good use. You know what's hard to lug around in a backpack without bending? Extra long aluminum knitting needles. I've done it before, and now one of my pairs has a permanent bend in it. 

Regardless, I do get in a few lines here and there. The ball of yarn (Paton Sequin Lace in Crystal, if you're curious) and project above will eventually turn into a scarf for my sister, MC. This is mainly because once she saw the yarn, she claimed whatever project I turned it into. It's a good thing she likes scarves.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top